Project Category: Corporate
Sub Category: e-Governance Application
Reference No.: PSE2013/awards/85
Details of the Applicant:
Name: Shri Jagdeep Kochar
Designation: Executive Director
Organisation: (n)Code Solutions – A Division of GNFC Ltd.
Address: 301, GNFC Infotower,
Zip Code: 380054
Organisation Website: https://www.ncode.in/
Details of the Agency implementing the Project/Initiative:
Head of Organisation: Shri Jagdeep S Kochar
Name of the Organisation: (n)Code Solutions – A Division of GNFC Ltd.
Address: 301, GNFC Infotower, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Zip Code: 380054
Organisation Website: http://khanija.kar.ncode.in
Details of Programme /Project/Initiative:
In April 2011, Department of Mines and Geology (DMG) introduced the project “Comprehensive Computerization of Mineral Administration (CCOMA) to facilitate various e-services to their stakeholders belonging to Mining / Quarry industry of Karnataka State. • (n)Code Solutions – A Division of GNFC Ltd delivered the ICT Based services to DMG to smoothen its operations such as Bulk permit approval process (e-Permit), Trip sheet issuance based on quantity approved by concerned authority, buyer-route-destination management, monthly e-Return submission, Demand, Collection & balance ledger, m-Pass for minor minerals, multi mode transportation including rake permit for railways, new lease application process with customized work flow etc. Every component is encompassed in a single portal. • The primary objective was to introduce controllable mechanism and framework for mineral transportation of minerals like Iron Ore, Manganese Ore, Granite etc. • ICT based services have increased concentration of Govt. official, and has made them more accountable and resulted into growth of Stake holder’s business towards success of mining industry. • More than 5300 leaseholders are covered under the said system. This project has empowered the Mines and Geology department to leverage ICT to discharge its duties more effectively.
To setup automated processes and convert old offline processes to online processes and to enhance service delivery of Bulk Permit, Trip sheet and Rake Permit issuance, return submission, DCB register, m-pass etc for various stakeholders of Mines and Geology.
Leaseholders (Major & Minor minerals), Weighbridge Operators/Check post, Mineral Buyers, Stockist, Indian Bureau of Mines, District Deputy Directors
Geographical Reach within India: Karnataka State
Geographical Reach outside India: N.A.
Date From which the Project became Operational: 1-4-2011
Is the Project still operational?: Yes
List 5 key achievements of the programme/project:
1. Increase in state revenues due to ICT implementation Year 2009-2010: 440.74 (Major Mineral) and 419.56 (Minor Mineral). Year 2010-2011: 717.45 (Major Mineral) and 397.25 (Minor Mineral). Year 2011-2012: 793.08 (Major Mineral) and 453.96 (Minor Mineral). Year 2012-2013: 863.15 (Major Mineral) and 599.94 (Minor Mineral). (All above figure in INR – CRS)
2. ICT solution has been able to achieve tremendous presence by covering large number of Stakeholders: 9200 Quarry Leaseholders, 521 Mining Leaseholders using E-Permit, 210 Notified Weighbridge Owners, and 210 Weighbridges are integrated with Online E-Permit System.
3. More than 10,133 Bulk Permits, 34, 65,824 Trip sheets, 4,878 Rake Permits generated and more than 4,853 E-Returns submitted.
4. 24×7 hours operations achieved & cost of operations to lease holder has reduced using this system.
5. Around 45 Million MT Iron Ore has been sold through E-Auction till date.
List 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative and how they were overcome:
1. Limited Internet connectivity in remote mine locations – Lease holders has installed wireless towers in-coordination with internet service provider.
2. Non tech savvy leaseholders – Training was imparted to the leaseholders to make them acquainted with the new e-system.
3. Irregular power supply in some remote areas especially in mining location from where lessee has to generate the Trip Sheets as per Mining laws. – Lessees have made their own arrangement for electric power supply.
4. Inadequate IT infrastructure at lease premises for minor mineral lease holder – Facility for SMS based M-Pass delivery in absence of IT infrastructure like computer, printer etc. has been provided.
5. Weighbridge software installation was a challenge – Many weighbridges are at remote locations. But, (n)Code has managed to install weighbridge software at 210 mine locations.
Documents publishing URL: http://khanija.kar.ncode.in
PPT URL: N/A