Details of Programme /Project/Initiative:
Loading station is an innovation envisioned to integrate the existing heterogeneous MIS systems across the organization into a single Business Intelligence & Analytical Data Warehouse for standardized measurement and management of Performance. Loading Station delivers a Standardized Performance Management System through effective Business Intelligence & Analytics framework supported by an ETL Module (Extract, Transform and Load).
· Access to information on various aspects, processes and procedures of Income tax and other Direct Taxes levied by the Govt. of India.
· Information regarding Income Tax Returns, Wealth Tax Returns, PAN/TAN applications and/ or Challans for payment of taxes, e-filing of IT Returns, Refund Banker, Income-tax procedures etc.
· Answering queries related to the status of PAN and TAN applications.
· A facility to register grievances on telephone or through e-mail and assist in getting them resolved.
· The strategic aim of setting up the ASK is to ensure that 80 percent or more of the taxpayer interactions result in a first contact resolution.
Geographical Reach within India: Across multiple cities in India
Geographical Reach outside India: N/A
Date From which the Project became Operational: 1-9-2011
Is the Project still operational?: Yes
List 5 key achievements of the programme/project:
1. Scope Management – By Having a strintgent Change-management board including client-participation
2. Stringent Delivery timelines – Based on prior experience, maximum re-use of existing modules
3. The Aaykar Sampark Kendra (ASK) is a service to provide access to information on various aspects of Income Tax and other Direct Taxes of India such as Income Tax Returns, Wealth Tax Returns, PAN/TAN applications, payment of taxes, efiling of IT returns, Refund Banker, Income Tax, Procedures etc
4. we are capable to help government to expedite the dissemination of information pertaining core activities related to taxpayer information and grievance redressal by building operational efficiencies and improving service delivery to citizens.
5. The multi-lingual support has given us a competitive advantage for quick and efficient case closures.
List 5 key challenges faced while implementing the programme/project/initiative and how they were overcome: